Santa Cruz Cabrália
Santa Cruz Cabrália is a municipality located in Discovery Coast, in the Greater Region South of Bahia, in the state of Bahia in Brazil. Dispute with the cities of Porto Seguro and Prado the primacy of being the place of arrival of the Portuguese in Brazil in 1500.
Covering the municipalities of Belmonte, Porto Seguro and Eunápolis, the Discovery Coast has a coastal length of 165 km. 35% of the population was born in the region; 30% comes from other municipalities in southern Bahia and the remaining 35% is made up of people who came from other states and even other countries such as Portugal, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, Spain, France, Argentina and the United States .
Santa Cruz Cabrália is one of the historic cities of Bahia state, for it had been carried out the 1st (Easter Sunday) and the 2nd (Possession) Masses in Brazil, both celebrated by Frei Henrique de Coimbra, armed chaplain of Pedro Alvares Cabral, on April 26 and May 1, 1500, respectively, first one in the south end of the Bay Cabrália, more precisely in the islet of the Red Crown and the second at the mouth of Rio Mutari.
Santa Cruz Cabrália is a city built on two levels, following the Portuguese tradition, having been created on the north bank of the mouth of the River Mutari by the Portuguese navigator Gonçalo Coelho, commander of the second expedition to Brazil, which landed in Cabrália Bay in 1503 to leave there the first missionaries, adventurers and convicts, left side of the Santa Cruz Possession, and brought with it, as an observer, the Amerigo Vespucci browser. In this year of 1503, the name changed to Terra de Vera Cruz to Earth of Santa Cruz.
Church of Our Lady.
Eight decades later, the village of Santa Cruz was transferred to a plateau at the mouth of the Rio João de Tiba, the current Historical Center, in order to provide the population with better defense conditions for frequent Indian attacks.
In Uptown, are the Church of Our Lady of Conception, built in the seventeenth century, the Town Hall and Jail, which housed the first Quartermaster Brazil, eighteenth century building, and even the ruins of a Jesuit college sixteenth century.
At 400 meters, is the viewpoint of the Red Crown, which provides a beautiful panoramic view of the entire City Santa Cruz Cabrália.