Porto de Pedras
Porto de Pedras is a municipality in the state of Alagoas. Its estimated population in 2004 was 10,558 inhabitants. The European occupation of Porto de Pedras up coalesced around the headquarters of the Franciscan mission in the "Alagoas Boreal" establishment dedicated to catechesis Potiguares.
This mission had the support of Christoffer Linz and his brother Sibad Linz fighting the natives of the region. Dead indigenous warriors in combat, their wives and children were conducted for the mission of Porto de Pedras.
Later, in the context of the second of the Dutch Invasions Brazil, the Portuguese-Spanish troops erected a small fort for the defense of Porto Calvo, seeking to hinder the access of enemy ships through the Lagamar prorates penetrate and Stone Harbor estuary, and thence up the river to face the fortified hill of Porto Calvo, about forty-two miles away, upstream.
During the conflict, the Porto de Pedras possession up alternated between Portuguese-Spanish and Dutch. The first Dutch occupation of Porto de Pedras registered to May 14, 1633, when from Lagamar of apportions the artillery squadron fired on the town and destroyed several Portuguese vessels moored there. Having offered resistance to the enemy landing, the village was burned by the defenders, who took refuge then the interior of the board or in neighboring villages. With the final reconquest of Porto Calvo by the Portuguese, Porto de Pedras was rebuilt.
For license-regal dated December 5, 1815, Porto de Pedras was elevated to a town, spun off from Porto Calvo. Later, in 1864, Porto de Pedras lost its autonomy to be attached to Passo de Camaragibe. Regained their emancipation in 1868, but only by Law 903 in 1921, became a municipality.