Porto de Galinhas
Porto de Galinhas is a beach located in the municipality of Ipojuca, Pernambuco, Brazil. Its fame is mainly to natural beauties: clear waters and warm pools formed between coral reefs, estuaries, mangroves, white sand and coconut trees. Initially, the beach was called Puerto Rico, due to its abundance in Redwood. At the peak of slavery in Brazil, was the main point of the slave trade illegal in northeastern Brazil.
Often, the same arrived hidden under crates of chickens d'Angola. The arrival of slaves illegal port used to be announced by the phrase has new chicken in port! In this way, the beach of Puerto Rico was known as Porto de Galinhas. Porto de Galinhas was elected by Viagem e Turismo magazine from Editora Abril "best beach in Brazil" by 10 consecutive times. The entire area is much frequented by tourists, who admire the natural beauty of the region. Porto de Galinhas is also frequented by surfers from several nationalities.
The colonization of Ipojuca began in 1560, after the expulsion of Caeté Indians and other tribes from the southern coast of Pernambuco. From there, the settlers could migrate to the fertile land of Ipojuca rich in massapê; this land is very suitable for the cultivation of sugar cane, which caused rapid agricultural expansion in the region. Among the pioneers were the Lacerda, Cavalcanti, and Rolim Moura families. When the Dutch invaded Pernambuco, several mills had already been established in the region. Many in the city participated in the Dutch resistance. Under the leadership of Captain-mor Amador de Araújo, a battle broke out on July 17, 1645.
The Dutch defeat was on July 23, 1645. With victory over the Dutch Ipojuca became one of the most important regions of the Colonial System. With two ports - Suape and Porto de Galinhas - higher than the lowland of the northeast massapê, Ipojuca was part of the colonial triangular trade; Hens earned this name because it was stated that if the slaves arrived from Africa in that period. The Ipojuca district was established by municipal law paragraph 2 November 12, 1895. The town emerged centered on the village of Nossa Senhora do Ó, and then was transferred to the village of San Miguel de Ipojuca.
With the state Decree No 23 October 4, 1890, the center was restored to Nossa Senhora do Ó. There are many controversies about the date of foundation of Ipojuca but, according to a vicar of the parish was in the years from 1596.
The origin of its name comes from the Tupi guarani Iapajuque, which means Dark Water. It was also the deathplace of Canadian boxing champion Arturo Gatti.
The best offers for Porto de Galinhas
Porto de Galinhas Paraíso Total
Description not available