Entre Rios is a county in the state of Bahia in Brazil. Is located at a latitude 11º56'31 "south and longitude 38º05'04" west, with an altitude of 162 meters. Officially established on April 3, 1872 by Law 1178, Entre Rios has an area of 1 215,29 square kilometers and population density, according to the Brazilian Institute of Geography and Statistics, of 35.09 inhabitants / square kilometer.
The municipality is formed by the districts of Entre Rios (headquarters), Medium Site, Ibatuí and the beaches of Subaúma, Massarandupió and Porto Sauipe. The population of the city in 2013 was 42,640 inhabitants and its population growth rate was 0.54% per year between 2000 and 2007, less than the state (1.13%) and below the national rate (1.21% ).
Around the year 1000, the region now occupied by the city was invaded by Tupi people coming from the valleys of Madeira and Xingu rivers, tributaries of the right bank of the Amazon River, which drove the local Indian tribes, language speakers of linguistic branch macro-Ge to the interior of the continent. When the first European explorers arrived in the region in the 16th century, it was occupied by the Tupi tribe of tupinambás.6 that same century, the Portuguese Crown granted land grants in the region to the House of Garcia d'Avila Tower. The initial Portuguese settlement in the region was erected next to rivers Joanes, Itapicuru and Inhambupe, hence the name "Entre Rios". In the town, was built the chapel of Our Lady of Joy.