Cumuruxatiba is a district in the municipality of Meadow, located in the extreme south of Bahia, belonging to whale coast.
North of Cumuruxatiba, lies the river Fell with its bar, where on April 23, 1500, Nicolau Coelho, Captain of the fleet of Pedro Alvares Cabral, down on the ground to fill in fresh water, became the first white man to find the Indians Aimorés who inhabited this region.
In recent years Cumuruxatiba developed a nice infrastructure intended for leisure tourism. A village with little more than 4000 thousand inhabitants, located in the southern coast of Bahia, between Prado and Porto Seguro. A tropical paradise that still preserves and makes sure to maintain natural beauty, culture, roots and customs.
A place of beautiful beaches, but also of excellent cuisine. Capoeira in the square wheel indigenous influence which gives man and shape the fishing village.
- Corumbau: This blue and white sands beach has coconut trees that make a beauty place.
- Do Tau: It has cliffs and coconut trees.
- Barra do Cai: This historical beach was firstly known by Portuguese disembark in Brazil. Beautiful beach with coconuts and cliffs.
- Imbassuba: Beach with beauty cliffs and coconut trees, you will get there on foot.
- Japara Mirim: These are calm waters beaches with beauty cliffs.