Barra de Santo Antonio

  • Imagem 001
  • Imagem 002
  • Imagem 003
  • Imagem 004
  • Imagem 005
  • Imagem 006

Alagoas (AL)

Barra de Santo Antonio is a municipality in the state of Alagoas, in the metropolitan area of Maceió. Its estimated population in 2004 was 13,366 inhabitants. Far from Maceio 37 km has beautiful beaches like Tabuba, with its showy reefs fringe and barriers, turning the sea into a large pool; the famous island of Croa, with its extensive coconut trees and beaches of rare beauty and still little explored, keeping their wild and exotic appeal. Barra de Santo Antonio owes its colonization to the Dutch, who came to the coast around 1631. From there began the progress in the village, which consisted of a few mud houses built to the river Santo Antonio Grande, which crosses the city in two locations: a more urban, city headquarters (right margin) and the other, more tourist and native (left margin). On this side, for many years there was a cruise built by the Dutch, who served as a starting point for the procession of Bom Jesus dos Navegantes, destroyed by time. In the progress of time worked a yard where they built boats and small vessels, with that, the town was growing. The fishing and the exploitation of limestone have always been the basic points of the economy. The political emancipation (...)

Barra de Santo Antonio is a municipality in the state of Alagoas, in the metropolitan area of Maceió. Its estimated population in 2004 was 13,366 inhabitants.

Far from Maceio 37 km has beautiful beaches like Tabuba, with its showy reefs fringe and barriers, turning the sea into a large pool; the famous island of Croa, with its extensive coconut trees and beaches of rare beauty and still little explored, keeping their wild and exotic appeal.

Barra de Santo Antonio owes its colonization to the Dutch, who came to the coast around 1631. From there began the progress in the village, which consisted of a few mud houses built to the river Santo Antonio Grande, which crosses the city in two locations: a more urban, city headquarters (right margin) and the other, more tourist and native (left margin). On this side, for many years there was a cruise built by the Dutch, who served as a starting point for the procession of Bom Jesus dos Navegantes, destroyed by time.

In the progress of time worked a yard where they built boats and small vessels, with that, the town was growing. The fishing and the exploitation of limestone have always been the basic points of the economy.

The political emancipation movement of the district, then belonging to São Luís do Quitunde, was led by Manuel Monteiro de Carvalho. In 1960, the city has managed to emancipation.

VIEW FULL DESCRIPTION

Location



Apartamentos de Férias na Europa | Luxury Hotels