Barra de S. Miguel
Barra de São Miguel is a municipality located in the metropolitan area of Maceió, in the state of Alagoas. You are currently 09º50'24 "south latitude and 35º54'28" west longitude at an altitude of 2 meters. Its estimated population in 2004 was 7112 inhabitants, has an area of 76.96 km².
Until the mid-sixteenth century, the territory where he is currently occupied by the Barra de São Miguel was Caetés village of Indians, known by the practice of cannibalism. According to history, they would have devoured the Bishop Pero Fernandes Sardinha, who came from Portugal to catechize the region. He would have brought then an image of [Santa Ana]], which was abandoned by the attack of the Indians and rescued years later.
The area, excellent geographical location, has become a bustling core fishermen. Manuel Gonçalves Ferreira set up a site for the production of vessels, which became known throughout the country and provided employment to "masters experiments" of the site. It was there that left the biggest northeastern ship of the time, "Sane-Duarte", and also the biggest yacht, "Claudio Dubeux". With the installation of new sites and the beginning of the road, around 1930, the bar has declined, leading carpenters and calafatas the exodus to new industries.
The administrative autonomy was under political interests. Only in 1963, the bar was elevated to city status, dismembered Sao Miguel dos Campos.
Considered the most fashionable resort town of Alagoas, Barra has lush natural, diverse beauty with white sandy beaches, clear waters and islands of mangroves. Of its marina, boats leave daily for Gunga beach, which is on the map of the municipality. The bar stands out for sports championships that promotes: Throwing fishing, Enduro Motorcycle and Jeep (April), Northeastern Surf (September), and Mountain Bike (November). And again, the Music Festival (January), Carnival, June festivals, patron saint of the party Our Lady Santana (17 to 26/07) and Emancipation (2/08).